Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General DentistPhoenix, AZ
While a General Dentist will help a child receive the necessary dental care, it will not be as beneficial or specific as a Pediatric Dentist. One major difference between a General and Pediatric Dentist is that a Pediatric Dentist goes through specialized training to treat dental issues within infants, children and patients in their early teens. After completing the typical four-year dental school program, a Pediatric Dentist then completes two more years of residency training to gain the title of a Pediatric Dentist
The type of issues an endodontist treats
- A pediatric dentist can safely provide an accurate and harmless examination of an infant’s first tooth. Since baby teeth begin to grow as early as 1 year of age, it is crucial for a pediatric dentist to ensure that the teeth grow in properly. A Pediatric Dentist will know best and the earlier a parent’s visits the dentist for their child, the better. Call us to see when the best time to schedule a checkup is.
- Parents may understand that certain foods affect a child’s dental health, but may be unaware that pacifier use and thumb sucking can also negatively affect a child’s teeth. A pediatric dentist can help to guide parents on breaking these habits with their child at the right time.
- When it comes to the actual visit, a pediatric dentist can provide a comfortable and child-friendly atmosphere.
- Since children are still developing their teeth, oral hygiene will differ for each child based on the age. A pediatric dentist can go over the best and healthiest oral hygiene technique for the child. Children should not use the same fluoride toothpaste that adults use and will need a gentle tooth brush.
- Pediatric dentists use specifically-designed tools for children’s dental care. Along with creating a comfortable atmosphere for children, pediatric dentists understand that children are not full-grown adults and need different treatment methods than adults.
Along with providing proper dental care, Nett Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics strives to help the child build a healthy relationship with dental checkups and oral hygiene techniques. The goal is to educate the parent and child on proper dental hygiene in a fun atmosphere. Instead of judging and lecturing a patient, Nett Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics spends more time educating the patient.
By creating a positive atmosphere in the dental office, the hope is that the child will feel more comfortable with the aspect of returning for another visit. Nett Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics can take care of the patient as necessary, parents need to help the child with dental hygiene at home. By working together we can help ensure that the child receives the necessary care.
Check out what others are saying about our pediatric dental services on Yelp: Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General Dentist Phoenix
Back to top of Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General Dentist
A pediatric dentistry office specializes in caring for children’s oral health. These dentists also educate parents on how to teach their children oral hygiene at home. The dentist offers suggestions for regular brushing, supervision and additional preventive treatments. Oral hygiene includes brushing, flossing and mouthwash use depending on the child’s age and abilities.The reality is…
The eruption of baby teeth is a milestone in a child’s development, and it also means it is time to see the pediatric dentist. Many parents are usually not bothered about dental care for their toddler. However, the American Academy of Pediatric Dentist advises that children should have their first dental visit before their first…
Looking for quality information on early orthodontic treatment? Good for you. The more you understand about early orthodontics, the better able you will be when it comes to making important dental decisions for your child. The first step you need to make is taking your child to an experienced dentist for a thorough and professional…
If you have misaligned teeth, it is never too late to visit an orthodontist for treatment. Today, there are many options available beyond basic metal braces. For example, clear and tooth-colored braces are becoming more popular. Read on to learn how a few popular orthodontic treatments work.Besides the traditional metal braces, a patient can also…